Why we are doing what we are doing

This site has been created because we are concerned about inappropriately large wind turbines.

We are not anti-wind or anti-renewables and we haven't objected to the smaller developments in the area. However, recently there have been projects at various stages of planning that are three and four times the size of any of the turbines that are currently in the area. Unlike the existing Turbine projects, these benefit the few, to the massive detriment of the community.

Saturday 5 March 2011

What the farmers say...

When interviewed about the article below in the Dunfermline Press relating to the 3 x 86m wind Turbines being proposed, a local farmer had the following to say:

"99.9% of farmers at the market are getting them"
"I don't want to be left behind"
"We're going for 85m turbines, but trust me, they'll only be 45m ones"
"I didn't know (LocoGen) were submitting plans"
"The big one is going to be behind Roscobie Hill, not there (Dunduff)"
"You won't make me change my mind, they'll be going up everywhere"
"It's my land, I need the money and will do whatever I need to to get the best return"

No comments:

Post a Comment